LibLime to exhibit at ACRL 2017
Visit LibLime at ACRL
North Bethesda, MD, March 21, 2017 – LibLime, a division of PTFS, will be participating in the ACRL 2017 Conference. The conference exhibit hall will be open March 22 to March 24 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD. All conference attendees are encouraged to visit LibLime at booth #953 to see a sneak preview of our new stand alone Discovery Layer.
LibLime will be presenting our new Discovery Layer, which will be formally released in Summer 2017. This new Discovery Layer will be available to all LibLime customers, but it has been specifically designed to be used by any library that is dissatisfied with their current ILS OPAC or third party Discovery service. Several features in the Discovery Layer include:
- Support for the EBSCO EDS API with sponsorship from WALDO
- Support for open access databases and independent commercial databases
- Voice-activated access to the Discovery Layer using the Amazon Echo
- Digital object import with full-text search & retrieval
- Support for the ProQuest’s Summon Service API
- Rich social media immersion using community-based tags & reviews, and integration with social media tools such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, & others.
To find out more about our new Discovery Layer and to enter a naming contest to win an Amazon gift certificate, visit LibLime at Booth #953 at the ACRL Exhibit Hall. Additional access to our naming contest is at https://www.liblime.com/dls-naming-contest-.
LibLime, a division of PTFS, is the global leader in providing support for open development Library Service Platforms (LSP). Rather than sell software licenses for static, hard-to-customize software products, LibLime educates libraries about the benefits of open development, enabling them to make choices about how best to provide their communities and staff with better technology services. LibLime then facilitates deployment of the LSP in libraries by providing outstanding consulting, development, implementation, and support/hosting services. PTFS is also the developer of the world’s leading content management software, Knowvation, and specializes in meeting library personnel staffing requirements, digitization and metadata keying services. For more information, see https://liblime.com or http://ptfs.com.