LibLime to Exhibit at ALA Midwinter
North Bethesda, MD, January 29, 2015- LibLime, a division of PTFS, will be participating in the 2015 American Library Association (ALA) MidWinter Annual Conference. The conference exhibit hall will be open January 30 to February 2 in Chicago, Illinois. All conference attendees are encouraged to visit LibLime at booth #1738 and register to win a Kindle.
What to Expect
LibLime will unveil the first look at DLS 3.0, Bibliovation plus digital content management, geospatial discovery, and a new cataloging editor. DLS 3.0 includes many new functional features, including:
- A single screen cataloging editor with MARC21 supporting MARC Authority records, MARC Bibliographic records, and MARC Holdings records;
Support for GeoMARC;
- Digital object import with full-text discovery, fuzzy logic, and semantic search functionality;
- An expanded messaging package for patron OPAC interaction covering purchase requests, ILL requests, call slip requests, general library messages, digital object ingest, and holds;
- Discovery Layer map interface for search and retrieval of geo-tagged materials; and
- Import and export conversion support for the Dublin Core and NMF metadata formats.
All of the functionality referenced will also be available in Bibliovation 5.10, except for the digital object management component – however, current Bibliovation customers can easily add this functionality through an expanded SaaS service.
To find out more about DLS 3.0 and Bibliovation 5.10, email [email protected] to request a presentation, or visit LibLime at Booth #1738 at the ALA Mid Winter Conference.
LibLime, a division of PTFS, is the global leader in providing support for open development Library Service Platforms (LSP). Rather than sell software licenses for static, hard-to-customize software products, LibLime educates libraries about the benefits of open development, enabling them to make choices about how best to provide their communities and staff with better technology services. LibLime then facilitates deployment of the LSP in libraries by providing outstanding consulting, development, implementation, and support/hosting services. PTFS is also the developer of the world’s leading content management software, Knowvation, and specializes in meeting library personnel staffing requirements, digitization and metadata keying services. For more information, see https://liblime.com or https://ptfs.com.